Houston Boat Accident Attorney
Whether you are on a private boat or a commercial recreational boat, you should not have to worry about being harmed due to the negligence of another person. However, if you or a loved one have been injured in a boating accident caused by another person, let Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP help you today. Our Houston boat accident attorneys will thoroughly investigate your case and work to secure any compensation you need.
Choose Padilla & Rodriguez, Llp To Help With Your Case
After sustaining a severe injury in a boating accident, you need help from an attorney with specialized experience in these cases. Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP is ready to get to work.
- We have more than 70 years of combined legal experience handling all types of personal injury cases, including boating incidents.
- We have access to top experts in various fields, including those who can assist with investigations, assessing a client’s injuries, and calculating total damages.
- We take Houston boating accidents on a contingency fee basis, which means clients will pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation they are entitled to.
What Will An Attorney Do In A Boating Accident Case?
Unfortunately, boating accident victims often do not have the resources necessary to secure full compensation for their claims. However, a Houston boat accident lawyer will be able to obtain all evidence necessary to prove liability in these cases. This includes obtaining boating maintenance records, operator licensing and certifications, any eyewitness statements, available video or photo surveillance of the incident, and more.
An attorney will be able to ensure that their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who will help properly calculate their total losses. Importantly, a boating accident lawyer will handle all negotiations with other parties to obtain a fair settlement for their client.
How Do Boating Accidents Occur?
There are plenty of boating and waterway activities that go on in and around the Houston area. At all times of the year, it is not uncommon to see people on the waterways in private boats or on recreational boats operated by various companies. However, boating accidents can cause severe injuries to victims. At Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP, our Houston boating accident lawyers regularly help clients who have sustained the following:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Hypoxia due to near-drowning
- Severe lacerations or amputations
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
According to data from the US Coast Guard, there were well over 4,000 boating accidents across the US during the latest reporting year. In Texas, hundreds of these incidents resulted in either injuries or death for victims.
Both private and commercial boat owners have a duty to keep those on board safe. This includes ensuring that vessels are regularly inspected and maintained and that all crew members are properly trained and follow state and federal laws regarding water vessels.
What Kind Of Compensation Is Available In These Cases?
If you or somebody you love has been injured in a boating accident caused by another person’s negligence, there may be various types of compensation available for your losses. At Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP, our dedicated and experienced team will investigate your case in order to secure the following on your behalf:
- Coverage of all medical bills related to the boating accident
- Any lost income you incur due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment images
- Punitive damages in cases of gross negligence or intentional actions
Let An Attorney Help You With Your Boating Accident Claim
If you need a Houston boat accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (713) 574-4600.