Houston Collapsing Structure Injury Lawyer
Collapsing structures can be due to poor design, poor construction, and poor maintenance. Concrete, steel, and wood structures are all subject to potential collapse if improperly designed, negligently built, or negligently maintained. A property owner has a duty to maintain its premises in a reasonably safe condition for those individuals that come onto the property for their mutual benefit – this includes conducting reasonable inspections, such as looking for cracks, rust, and other indications that the structure may become unstable.
Identifying the cause of a structure collapse and therefore fault for that collapse, can involve extensive analysis of the accident scene and the preservation of the collapsed components may be crucial to the investigation. Whether it is excess weight, rusted supports, or wood rot, early investigation may be important to preserve evidence.
You may have a claim if you or your loved one is the victim of any of the following:
- Collapsing building personal injury or death
- Collapsing prefabricated building personal injury or death
- Collapsing on-site fabricated building personal injury or death
- Collapsing bridge personal injury or death
- Collapsing stairway/stairwell personal injury or death
- Collapsing temporary structure personal injury or death
- Collapsing scaffold structure personal injury or death
- Collapsing amusement park attraction/ride personal injury or death
- Collapsing stage personal injury or death
- Other collapsing structures, whether temporary or permanent
Of course, collapsing structures can cause fatal or disabling traumatic injuries or death by suffocation.
Contact our Houston collapsing structure injury attorneys today for a free case evaluation.