Houston Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer
Distracted driving can lead to incredibly dangerous situations on the roadways. If you or somebody you love has been injured due to the actions of a distracted driver, the team at Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP is ready to help. Our Houston distracted driving accident attorneys will investigate every aspect of your case. We have the resources necessary to secure full compensation for these claims.
Choose Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP For This Case
After sustaining an injury caused by a distracted driver, you need an attorney with vast experience investigating these particular cases. Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP is ready to help.
- We have the resources necessary to conduct full investigations into your claim, and we are not afraid to take any case to trial if it means securing full compensation for our clients.
- We have a reputation for success and have collected millions for clients through favorable verdicts or settlements.
- We take Houston distracted driving accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that injured clients pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs for their case and only owe us legal fees after we secure the compensation they need.
How Will An Attorney Help This Case?
A crash involving a distracted driver is going to require extensive investigation, and victims often do not have the resources to ensure they receive full compensation for these claims. A Houston distracted driving accident lawyer will be able to:
- Obtain all evidence to prove that the other driver was distracted (including phone records, data records from devices, the vehicle “black box,” any available video surveillance, and more).
- Work with healthcare professionals to fully assess their client’s injuries and help calculate total losses.
- Negotiate with all parties involved to obtain a fair settlement on behalf of their client.
Distracted Driving Can Lead To Devastating Accidents
According to data provided by the Texas Department of Transportation, we can see that there were 250,000 motor vehicle crash injuries and 3,639 motor vehicle crash fatalities during the latest reporting year of data in the state. Out of the fatalities reported, nearly 400 of them were caused by distracted driving incidents.
Distraction driving is not new, but the increase in personal technology such as smartphones and technologically integrated cars has dramatically increased the number of distracted driving incidents over the last decade. Distracted driving is any behavior that takes it driver’s attention away from the road, and can include:
- Talking on a cell phone
- Reading or sending text messages
- Browsing the internet or social media
- Adjusting GPS devices
- Adjusting the radio or other music system
- Driving and eating
- Talking to others in the vehicle
- Applying makeup while driving
- Reaching for objects in other seats
Distracted driving crashes often occur at high speeds and can cause severe injuries, including broken and dislocated bones, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, severe lacerations, internal organ damage, and more.
What Kind Of Compensation Can You Secure In These Cases?
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a distracted driving accident, seek legal assistance today. At Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP, our team is ready to get to work looking into your case so we can get the compensation you need as soon as possible. This can include coverage for:
- All crash-related medical expenses
- Lost income if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages if the driver was grossly negligent
Let Our Skilled Legal Professionals Assist You
When you need a Houston distracted driving accident attorney, you can contact us at (713) 574-4600 for a free consultation of your case by filling our online contact form.