Houston Oil Field Injuries Attorney
Texas has many oil fields, and Houston is home to a large number of oil field employees. Workers in the oil industry often sustain serious personal injuries or fatalities in accidents due to their close contact with flammable liquids, explosive materials, and heavy machinery. At Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP, we are dedicated to helping injured oil field workers secure the compensation to which they are entitled. Our Houston oil field injury attorneys have the resources necessary to make a thorough investigation in your case.
Why Choose Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP For This Case?
If you sustained an injury in an oil field incident, you need an experienced attorney to handle your case. Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP is ready to get to work on your behalf.
- Our team has more than 70 years of combined legal experience representing clients injured in workplace incidents.
- We have access to the leading experts and medical providers who assist in investigations and calculating a client’s total losses.
- We take oil field injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that we do not get paid until our clients get paid.
How Will An Attorney Help Your Case?
Oil field injury incidents can become more complicated than most work injury cases. These accidents usually require extensive investigation to determine liability. A Houston oil field injury attorney will have the resources and experience necessary to:
- Obtain any evidence related to the injury, including eyewitness statements, surveillance footage of the incident, employer safety records, and more.
- Enlist help from trusted medical professionals who can fully assess the client’s injuries and help calculate the total expected losses for the case.
- Negotiate with every party involved, including aggressive workers’ compensation insurers, to secure full compensation for a client.
Houston Oil Field Injuries Can Be Devastating
Whether a worker is operating around hazardous materials or operating heavy machinery, injuries can occur. At Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP, our Houston oil field injury lawyers have experience helping clients who have sustained the following:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Fire and explosion injuries
- Loss of or damage to a bodily organ
- Dismemberment or amputation
- Significant disfigurement
We also want to point out that many workplace injuries, including those in the oil industry, are not immediately apparent. For example, oil field workers repeatedly perform the same motions, which often leads to cumulative trauma injuries (also known as repetitive stress injuries). These injuries do not develop until months or even years after a worker has been on the job. Oil field workers are also exposed to hazardous situations and chemicals regularly, which increases the chance of hearing and vision problems, chronic respiratory illnesses, and various occupational cancers.
Who Is Liable For An Oil Field Injury?
The first line of defense in these cases is going to be workers’ compensation insurance in Texas. The workers’ compensation system is supposed to be “no-fault,” meaning that an injured worker should receive compensation for any on-the-job injury, regardless of who caused it. However, there are times when an employer or insurance carrier may deny or delay a claim. When this happens, it may be necessary to go through the appeals process or file a personal injury lawsuit against an at-fault party to recover compensation.
Oil field workers may also be entitled to additional compensation if their injuries were caused by a third party, including:
- Contractors or sub-contractors working in the oil field
- Companies or manufacturers of faulty oil field equipment
- Maintenance companies who failed to inspect or repair oil field equipment
When dealing with a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury lawsuit, your attorney will work with you to make the best decision moving forward to secure compensation.
How Much Compensation Is Available For These Cases?
The total amount of compensation awarded for an oil field injury case varies depending on the specific factors related to the situation. At Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP, our attorneys regularly help clients secure the following types of compensation:
- Coverage of all medical bills related to the incident
- Lost wages and benefits if they are unable to work
- All out-of-pocket expenses
Possible temporary or permanent disability benefits
What Is The Time Limit To File An Oilfield Injury Case?
Oil field injury cases have a different time limit than most personal injury claims. A worker who sustains an injury should notify their employer immediately. Under workers’ compensation laws, a worker is supposed to report the injury within 30 days of the incident occurring.
Ideally, an injured worker’s employer will file the workers’ compensation claim on behalf of the injured employee. However, if this does not happen, then the injured worker must file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation within one year of the incident occurring.
Please keep these timelines in mind in the aftermath of an injury. If you have any questions or are confused about deadlines, seek assistance from a Houston oil field injury attorney immediately.
Contact An Attorney About Your Case Today
If you or a loved one works sustained an oil field injury, you should seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP, our team has the experience and resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation into your case. We have no problem going up against aggressive insurance carriers or employers to secure full compensation for our client’s injuries. When you need a Houston oil field injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (713) 574-4600.