Houston Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrian accidents can result in severe and debilitating injuries for victims. Unfortunately, these incidents are not uncommon in and around the Houston area and often the fault of negligent drivers. If you or a loved one have been injured in a pedestrian accident, the attorneys at Padilla & Rodriguez are ready to get to work on your behalf. Let our Houston pedestrian accident attorneys investigate your case to secure the compensation you need.
Let Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP Help With Your Case
After sustaining an injury in a pedestrian accident for which you were not at fault, you need an experienced team working by your side. Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP is ready to get to work.
- We limit the number of cases our attorneys take to ensure that every client has our full attention. Every client will have direct access to their attorney for any questions or concerns about their case.
- We have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation into the pedestrian accident, including experts in various fields and medical professions.
- We take Houston pedestrian accident cases on a contingency fee basis. Our clients pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs related to their case. We only get paid when we secure your compensation.
What Will An Attorney Do In A Pedestrian Accident Case?
Unfortunately, many pedestrian accident victims do not have the resources necessary to secure maximum compensation for their claim on their own. A skilled Houston pedestrian accident lawyer will be able to:
- obtain all evidence from the accident site, including any available surveillance of the incident, statements from eyewitnesses, and police reports
- work with trusted medical and economic experts to accurately calculate a victim’s total losses
- negotiate with all parties involved to reach a fair settlement for their client
Pedestrian Accidents Can Cause Devastating Injuries
Pedestrians often sustain severe injuries in an accident because they have no protection from the force of a vehicle slamming into their bodies. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, more than 5,600 total pedestrian collisions were reported across the state during the latest year. Out of these incidents, there was a shocking number of fatalities and injuries:
- 621 pedestrian deaths
- 1,156 suspected serious injuries
- 3,947 non-incapacitating injuries
Due to their vulnerability, it is not uncommon for pedestrians to sustain the following injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Other neck or back injuries
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or road rash
- Injuries that cause disfigurement or disability
What Kind Of Compensation Is Available For These Cases?
In the aftermath of a pedestrian accident, various types of compensation could be available to victims. At Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP, we regularly help pedestrian accident victims in Houston recover the following types of compensation:
- Coverage of all medical bills related to the incident
- Costs of necessary physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Lost wages if a victim cannot work
- Coverage of out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages in cases of gross negligence or intentional actions
Get Skilled Legal Representation – Call Our Firm Today
The total amount of compensation available to Houston pedestrian accident victims will vary depending on the facts of each case. Our team is ready to help you get through this, and you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (713) 574-4600.