Houston Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrian accidents can result in severe and debilitating injuries for victims. Unfortunately, these incidents are not uncommon in and around the Houston area, and they often occur due to the negligent actions of a driver. If you or a loved one have been injured in a pedestrian accident, Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP is ready to get to work on your behalf. Let our Houston pedestrian accident attorneys investigate your case in order to secure the compensation you need.
Let Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP Help With Your Case
After sustaining a pedestrian accident injury that was caused by another person, you need a team with vast experience handling these cases by your side. Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP is ready to get to work.
- We limit the number of cases that our attorneys take in order to ensure that every client has our full attention. Every client will have direct access to their attorney for any questions or concerns about their case.
- We have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation into the pedestrian accident, including experts in various fields and medical professions.
- We take Houston pedestrian accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs related to their case and only owe us legal fees after we secure the compensation they deserve.
What Will An Attorney Do In A Pedestrian Accident Case?
Unfortunately, many pedestrian accident victims do not have the resources necessary to properly secure maximum compensation for their claim. A skilled Houston pedestrian accident lawyer will be able to obtain all evidence from the scene of the accident, including any available surveillance of the incident, statements from eyewitnesses, as well as police reports.
A personal injury attorney in Houston will work with trusted medical and economic experts to properly calculate a victim’s total losses and then negotiate with all parties involved to reach a fair settlement for their client.
Pedestrian Accidents Can Cause Devastating Injuries
Pedestrians often sustain severe injuries in an accident because they have no protection from the force of a vehicle slamming into their bodies. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were more than 5,600 total pedestrian crashes reported across the state during the latest year. Out of these incidents, there was a shocking amount of fatalities and injuries:
- 621 pedestrian deaths
- 1,156 suspected serious injuries
- 3,947 non-incapacitating injuries
Due to their vulnerability, it is not uncommon for pedestrians to sustain the following injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Other neck or back injuries
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or road rash
- Injuries that cause disfigurement or disability
What Kind Of Compensation Is Available For These Cases?
In the aftermath of a pedestrian accident, there are various types of compensation that could be available to victims. At Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP, we regularly help pedestrian accident victims in Houston recover the following types of compensation:
- Coverage of all medical bills related to the incident
- Costs of necessary physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Lost wages if a victim cannot work
- Coverage of out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages in cases of gross negligence or intentional actions
Get Skilled Legal Representation – Call Our Firm Today
The total amount of compensation available to Houston pedestrian accident victims will vary depending on the facts of each particular case. Our team is ready to help you get through this, and you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (713) 574-4600.