Houston Defective Products Lawyer
Defective products make it into the hands of consumers on a regular basis, and they can lead to severe injuries or illnesses for victims. If you or somebody you care about has been injured due to a defective product, the team at Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP is ready to take your case. Our skilled and experienced Houston product liability attorneys have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation into what happened in order to secure all compensation you are entitled to.
Why Choose Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP For Your Case?
If you have been injured due to a defective product, you need a team with vast experience standing up to negligent companies. Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP is ready to help you today.
- We have more than 70 years of combined legal experience representing those who have been seriously injured due to the negligence of other people or companies.
- We have extensive resources that we can bring to every case, which means we have the capability necessary to investigate negligent companies and manufacturers.
- We take Houston product liability cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs related to their case, and we only collect legal fees after we secure the compensation our clients are entitled to.
Do You Need An Attorney For These Cases?
Defective product cases often leave an injury victim going up against major companies or manufacturers and their insurance carriers, all of whom have extensive resources to bring to the case. A Houston product liability attorney will level the playing field and will be able to:
- Obtain all evidence related to the injury, including any available photo or video surveillance, eyewitness statements, accident reports, and more.
- Look into the history of the defective product, as well as the company involved, for a pattern of these injuries or a coverup of known product risks.
- Ensure that the injury victim is evaluated by trusted medical professionals who can help assess the injuries and properly calculate the total losses.
- Negotiate with all parties involved to reach a fair settlement on behalf of the client.
What Causes Products To Become Defective?
Products generally become defective in one of three ways: defective designs, defective manufacturing, and a failure to warn.
- Defective design. This refers to cases in which there is a defect in the product’s design that renders it unsafe for consumers. Sometimes, these design defects are not discovered while the product is being tested. In other cases, companies purposely hide defective design information from the public.
- Manufacturing error. Products will become defective if there is a mistake in the manufacturing process that alters the product from its original design.
- Failure to warn. This refers to a number of problems that can occur when a product’s label is incorrect or missing valuable information. This can include problems with instructions, warnings, dosages, ingredients, etc.
No industry is immune to defective products. When analyzing the government website that keeps track of all recalls, we can see that there are regularly defective foods, beverages, toys, vehicles, cosmetics, cleaning supplies, car seats, appliances, furniture, and more.
What Are Some Common Injuries Caused By Defective Products?
Defective products can cause a wide range of injuries to victims. This includes both traumatic injuries as well as internal damage and illnesses. It is not uncommon for our Houston product liability lawyers to help clients who have sustained the following:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Lacerations or puncture wounds
- Burn injuries
- Explosion injuries
- Internal organ damage or failure
- Loss of eyesight or hearing
- Brain damage due to choking
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- and more
This is not a complete list of the possible injuries that can occur due to a defective product. Speak to an attorney about your case if you have any questions about whether or not you should pursue compensation from negligent companies or manufacturers for an injury caused by a defective product.
How Much Compensation Is Available For This Case?
Understanding how much compensation is available for a product liability case can be difficult. That is because every case is different, and the total amount awarded to an injured victim depends on the various circumstances related to their particular case. However, the team at Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP regularly helps clients in these cases secure the following:
- Coverage of all medical bills related to the injuries
- Loss of income the victim incurs
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment images
- Possible punitive damages against a negligent company or manufacture
In general, the more severe an injury in these cases, the higher the amount of compensation is likely to be. This is particularly true for defective product injuries that result in disfigurement or disability of the victim.
How Long Do You Have To File A Product Liability Claim?
Every state is responsible for setting time limits, called statutes of limitation, that dictate how long victims have to file civil claims if they are injured by defective products. In Texas, the statute of limitations for a product liability case is two years from the date the injury occurs.
However, these cases can also be affected by what are called statutes of repose that create a window of time from the date a product is first sold to the time a person can bring a product liability claim against a manufacturer or distributor. In Texas, a product liability claim may not be filed after 15 years from the date the product was first sold.
Contact An Attorney As Soon As Possible About Your Case
If you or a loved one have been injured or become ill after using a product that you later discovered was defective, seek legal assistance immediately. At Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP, our skilled team is ready to get to work on your behalf. We have the resources necessary to go up against major insurance carriers as well as product companies and manufacturers. When you need a Houston product liability attorney, you can contact us by calling (713) 574-4600 or by filling our online contact form.