Houston Defective Products Lawyer
Defective products make it into the hands of consumers regularly, and they can lead to severe injuries or illnesses for victims. If you or somebody you care about has been injured due to a defective product, the team at Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP is ready to take your case. Our skilled and experienced Houston product liability attorneys have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation into what happened to secure all compensation to which you are entitled.
Why Choose Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP For Your Case?
If you were injured due to a defective product, you need an experienced team of lawyers to help you stand up to the at-fault company. Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP is ready to help you today.
- We have more than 70 years of combined legal experience representing those seriously injured by the negligence of other people or companies.
- We have the resources necessary to investigate negligent companies and manufacturers.
- We take Houston product liability cases on a contingency fee basis, so our clients pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs related to their cases. We only get paid when you get paid.
Do You Need An Attorney For These Cases?
Defective product cases often leave injury victims going up against major companies or manufacturers and their insurance carriers, all of whom will have extensive resources. A Houston product liability attorney will level the playing field and will be able to:
- Obtain all evidence related to the injury, including any available photo or video surveillance, eyewitness statements, accident reports, and more.
- Look into the history of the company and defective products to see if there is a pattern of injuries or a coverup of product risks.
- Have a trusted medical professional evaluate the injury victim and accurately calculate the total losses.
- Negotiate with all parties involved to reach a fair settlement on behalf of the client.
What Causes Products To Become Defective?
Products generally become defective in one of three ways: defective designs, defective manufacturing, and a failure to warn.
- Defective design. A defect is a problem in a product’s design that renders it unsafe for consumers. Sometimes, these design defects go undiscovered while the product is being tested. In other cases, companies purposely hide defective design information from the public.
- Manufacturing error. A mistake in the manufacturing process that alters the original design and causes a defect is called a manufacturing error.
- Failure to warn. When a product’s label is incorrect or missing valuable information, include problems with instructions, warnings, dosages, ingredients, etc., is called a “failure to warn.”
No industry is immune to defective products. According to this government website that keeps track of all recalls, foods, beverages, toys, vehicles, etc., are regularly found to be defective.
What Are Some Common Injuries Caused By Defective Products?
Defective products can cause a wide range of injuries to victims, including both traumatic injuries and internal damage and illnesses. It is not uncommon for our Houston product liability lawyers to help clients who have sustained the following:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Lacerations or puncture wounds
- Burn injuries
- Explosion injuries
- Internal organ damage or failure
- Loss of eyesight or hearing
- Brain damage due to choking
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- and more
Speak to an attorney about your case if you have any questions about whether you should pursue compensation from negligent companies or manufacturers for an injury caused by a defective product.
How Much Compensation Is Available For This Case?
Every case is different, and the total amount awarded to an injured victim depends on the various circumstances related to their case. However, the team at Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP regularly helps clients in these cases secure the following:
- Coverage of all medical bills related to the injuries
- Loss of income the victim incurs
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment images
- Possible punitive damages against a negligent company or manufacture
In general, the more severe an injury in these cases, the higher the total compensation will be, especially in the case of defective product injuries that result in disfigurement or disability of the victim.
How Long Do You Have To File A Product Liability Claim?
Every state is responsible for setting time limits—called statutes of limitation—that dictate how long victims have to file civil claims if they are injured by defective products. In Texas, the statute of limitations for a product liability case is two years from the date the injury occurs.
However, these cases can also be affected by “statutes of repose” that create a window of time from the date a product is first sold to the time a person can bring a product liability claim against a manufacturer or distributor. In Texas, a product liability claim may not be filed after 15 years from the date the product was first sold.
Contact An Attorney As Soon As Possible About Your Case
If you or a loved one have been injured or become ill after using a product that you later discovered was defective, seek legal assistance immediately. At Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP, our skilled team is ready to get to work on your behalf. We have the resources necessary to go up against major insurance carriers, production companies, and manufacturers. When you need a Houston product liability attorney, contact us by calling (713) 574-4600 or by filling our online contact form.