Houston Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft have become household names. However, accidents involving these vehicles do occur. If you or a loved one had been injured in a rideshare accident, seek legal assistance from Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP today. Our Uber and Lyft accident attorneys will investigate every aspect of your claim in order to secure the compensation you need.
Why Choose Padilla & Rodriguez, Llp For This Case?
In the aftermath of sustaining a severe rideshare accident injury, you need help from an attorney with experience handling these cases. Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP is ready to help.
- We have more than three decades of combined legal experience representing individuals who have been injured in various types of commercial car accidents.
- We ensure that every client has personalized attention for their claim by limiting the number of cases each attorney takes.
- We take Houston Uber and Lyft accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not pay any legal fees until after we secure a favorable settlement or verdict on their behalf.
Why Is An Attorney Necessary For This Case?
Unfortunately, Uber and Lyft accidents often require extensive investigations to prove liability. While most injured individuals will not have the resources necessary to do this, an experienced Houston car accident lawyer will be able to:
- Obtain all evidence necessary to prove negligence, including accident reports, eyewitness statements, video and photo surveillance, rideshare “app” data, and more.
- Work with trusted medical professionals to fully assess a client’s injuries and help calculate expenses.
- Negotiate with all parties involved to reach a fair settlement for the client.
Who Is Liable In An Uber Or Lyft Accident?
Uber and Lyft accidents happen in largely the same ways that all other vehicle accidents do. In many cases, these incidents are caused by a rideshare driver:
- Failing to follow traffic laws or speeding
- Operating while distracted by phones or other devices
- Operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs
What differentiates an Uber or Lyft accident from other types of crashes is the types of insurance victims will have to deal with to secure compensation. Both rideshare services provide a $1 million insurance policy that covers everybody involved in an accident, but this policy only kicks in if a rideshare driver is on duty and has a passenger (or is on the way to pick a passenger up).
If a rideshare driver does not have a passenger but is signed in to the rideshare “app,” then their personal insurance carrier will provide coverage in the event an accident occurs. Uber and Lyft Insurance policies will kick in on a limited basis in this situation if coverage limits are exhausted or if a claim is denied.
Please be advised that rideshare drivers who are off duty are not covered by Uber or Lyft insurance policies. If a driver causes a crash while off duty, their personal insurance carrier will be responsible for covering property damage and injury expenses.
What Kind Of Compensation Is Available?
If you or a loved one had been injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, there may be various types of compensation available for your case. At Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP, our qualified and experienced team will thoroughly investigate your case and work to secure the following:
- Coverage of all crash-related medical bills
- Lost wages if you cannot work while you recover
- Recovery of property damage expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent driver
Call A Rideshare Accident Lawyer As Soon As Possible
If you need a Uber and Lyft accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (713) 574-4600.