Houston Workplace Injury Attorney
Workplace injuries can result in substantial medical bills and lost wages for victims. Unfortunately, there are times when injured workers have trouble securing the compensation they deserve. At Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP, our dedicated and experienced team is here to help if you have been injured at work. Our Houston workplace injury attorneys will investigate every aspect of your case in order to secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP For This Case?
After sustaining an on-the-job injury, you need a skilled attorney if you are having trouble receiving compensation. Let Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP help you today.
- We have extensive experience handling all types of personal injury cases, including work injuries, and we have the resources necessary to pursue full compensation for your claim.
- We believe in providing personalized attention to every case. We take the time to get to know every client and formulate a strategy that will fit the needs of each situation.
- We take Houston work injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that we only collect legal fees if we successfully recover the compensation the client is entitled to.
What Will An Attorney Do To Help?
The reality is that most injured workers do not have the resources or experience necessary to investigate their claim and go up against aggressive insurance carriers or their employers. A skilled Houston workplace injury lawyer will:
- Obtain all evidence related to the work injury, including eyewitness statements, any available video or photo footage, accident reports, and more.
- Ensure their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who can help assess their injuries and properly calculate total damages.
- Negotiate with all parties involved in order to obtain fair compensation on behalf of their client.
How Often Do Workplace Injuries Occur?
According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), there were around 2.8 million non-fatal workplace injuries or illnesses reported during the latest year. The types of injuries that workers sustain vary widely, and thankfully, most of them are relatively minor.
However, thousands of workers sustain severe injuries that lead to them incurring major medical expenses, missing work, and sometimes becoming permanently disabled. At Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP, our Houston workplace injury lawyers regularly help clients who have sustained the following:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe sprains and strains
- Lacerations or puncture wounds
- Amputation injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
It is important to note that not all injuries are immediately apparent or happen suddenly. Workplaces also pose different types of danger due to exposure to hazardous conditions. In many cases, workers are injured over long periods of time due to performing the same motions over and over again. This can lead to repetitive motion injuries (such as carpal tunnel syndrome).
Workers can also experience vision and hearing loss due to exposure to unsafe noise levels and hazardous elements in the air, respectively. Workers can develop illnesses such as respiratory diseases and certain types of occupational cancers due to exposure to hazardous chemicals and elements in the workplace.
Common Causes Of Workplace Injuries
There are innumerable causes of workplace injuries, and these incidents can happen in any workplace. While there are certain jobs that pose more risks to workers than others, (such as construction, manufacturing, transportation, etc.), every workplace poses risks for employees. Some of the most common causes of workplace accidents include:
- Incidents while lifting objects
- Worker fatigue
- Worker dehydration
- For workplace lighting
- Hazardous materials
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Vehicle accidents while on-the-job
- Getting caught in between objects
- Falling objects
- Defective equipment in the workplace
- Improper safety equipment
- Improper worker training
Will Workers’ Compensation Cover A Workplace Injury?
In Texas, the workers’ compensation insurance system is designed to be “no-fault.” This means that a worker is able to receive compensation for their injuries regardless of who was at fault for the damage. Nearly all employers in the state of Texas are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance for their employees.
In the event that the workplace injury is caused by a party other than the employer, the injured worker may be able to recover compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. This may be the case if the injury is caused by a subcontractor, another company, or a defective product.
What Type Of Compensation Is Available For These Cases?
There are various types of compensation available to those who have sustained an on-the-job injury. At Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP, our knowledgeable and experienced team regularly helps clients recover the following:
- Coverage of all medical bills related to the injury
- Lost wages a victim incurs as a result of time away from work
- Temporary or permanent disability per workers’ comp laws
While most work injury cases will revolve around workers’ compensation insurance, a victim may file a lawsuit if their injury was caused by a third party other than their employer. In these cases, higher amounts of compensation may be available as well as coverage for pain and suffering damages. The total amount of compensation available for a work injury case will vary and depend on the facts surrounding each particular case.
How Long Do You Have To File A Work Injury Claim?
In Texas, injured workers are required to report the injury to their employer within 30 days of the incident occurring. The employee will then have one year to file a workers’ compensation claim for their case.
If a personal injury lawsuit is filed against a third party, the statute of limitations in which a victim has to file a civil claim against a negligent party is two years from the date the incident occurred.
Speak To An Attorney As Soon As Possible
If you or somebody you love has been injured at work and are having trouble recovering full compensation, you may need to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At Padilla & Rodriguez, LLP, we are ready to conduct a full investigation into your claim in order to secure the compensation you are entitled to. We are not afraid of aggressive workers’ compensation insurance carriers or employers. When you need a Houston workplace injury attorney, you can contact us online to schedule a free consultation or call our office at (713) 574-4600.